Reporting to the audio director, the audio project assistant takes care of documenting, testing, and following up on each selected project (PHD, iOS, etc.) according to the instructions of the various members of the audio team (audio manager, composer, etc.). They work in close collaboration with the audio manager, the sound designers and the composers, as well as the project’s developers, in order to flag every issue, identify new content, etc.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
An Audio Project Assistant’s main tasks and responsibilities consist of:
- Testing certain projects (PHD, iOS, etc.) in order to identify all the new audio content and all issues related to sound
- Collecting, researching and indexing all necessary information pertaining to their projects (Confluence, JIRA, GWT, etc.)
- Creating accurate documentation (characters, skill types, environments, etc.) or preparing video references (capture, conversion, etc.) for each project of which they are in charge
- Acting as a link between the production and audio teams in order to address problems relating to installation (build machine, app, Windows)
- Reviewing games with the audio manager and other participants from the audio team, and following up on the comments that result from that
- Providing any relevant assistance requested by the audio manager in order to ensure projects run smoothly
- The successful candidate is able to identify the audio content in all types of projects
- They can describe and document, clearly and in English, the issues and new audio content so that everything can be easily understood by the audio team
- The successful candidate can take suitable audio samples as requested by the composers, sound designers, audio manager, or any other person who asks for them
- The successful candidate can carry out complete tests of any project of which they are in charge
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Resourceful and proactive
- Good written English
- Good time management
- Good knowledge of computer science
- Experience testing video games
- General knowledge of audio is an asset
- Familiarity with video games is an asset
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Benefits befitting a company of our size
- Vacation and personal days off
- Public transportation allowances (partial reimbursement of OPUS card)
- A storage room for 80 bikes
- Daily snacks
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
We want to get to know you!
At Gameloft Montreal, you’ll be working with the world’s best game developers. Our studio has developed, and continues to develop, hit titles that include the Dungeon Hunter, Modern Combat and Gangstar series.
Interested? - Apply now
Another step towards joining a company that fits you perfectly: send us your CV.Apply